Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Way Things Are

The world has become a heartless place, that is the way things are. When did society become so caloused and obscessed with material possesions? What happened to neighbors caring for each other? Why are we as a general population concerned with the starving children in other countries when there are pleanty of children starving and homeless in our country? Answers, I have none.

I am a single mom that has struggled for the better part of my life. It is my belief that the American dream is all but dead. All I want is for my children to succeed and prosper. This seems like a fairy tale to me. All I can do for my offspring is give them the knowledge of my experience. Sadly most of my experiences are filled with woe & heartbreak. It would seem that if they had been born with "a sliver spoon" in their mouths they would have all of the requirements for success. Is that what America is made of ? Is there any place in the world that cares for their popluation anymore? What future if any will we have if only the rich are given the opportunities that should be available to us all?

What is our country as a whole going to do when money has no value? I for one gladly await the days when we are forced to barter with chickens , eggs & vegitables. When we go back to simpler ways. A time when a community will band together to build homes for newcomers. A time when you provde a service you will be compensated equally. A time when no one person is valued more than the other, or given opportunities that others are not. A time when it will be completely safe to send our children out to play & not worry about what may happen. This is my dream.

Unfortunately the rich are given better health care when the poor go without. They have luxurious homes when others have none. They can buy their way out of troubles with the law , a expence that others would spend their whole lives in prison for. Ohh yeah , they get bigger tax breaks from the government as well. Way to go America! I know I seem to be rambling but as I see it .... This is the Way Things Are!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Co-hi! Such passion! I love it!! Way to go on getting started :) Now keep up the great work! Lots of loves deary!

    ReplyDelete